Wow – I’m honoured to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by anabuscaglia. Thanks, Ana!
“Liebster is a word with German origins meaning dearest, sweetest, kindest, and beloved. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent in the blogosphere through a Pay it Forward initiative.”
So basically, it is the chain letter of awards but it is still cool to be recognized by fellow bloggers 🙂 The award does have a few rules to it:
- I have to link back to the person who nominated me (but I cannot re-nominate them);
- I have to answer the 10 questions given to me; and
- I’m supposed to select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer my 10 questions.
- soooo, I say “supposed to” because I’m bad and don’t have ten blogs to nominate. I hope this doesn’t mean I’m now going to be cursed in my future travels…
Here are the questions I got from anabuscaglia:
Why did you start your blog?
It has always been a goal of mine to start a travel blog in order to indulge my love of writing, photography, and travel. I finally got off my lazy butt and started it last year!
What’s your favourite part of blogging?
My favourite part is that it gives me the excuse to rummage through my photos and reminisce about the various moments of a particular trip. Walking down memory lane is fun 🙂
What’s the best advice you’ve received about blogging?
Keep it short! I can be a little too…detailed…when talking about travel as it is my favorite subject. Oops.
When was the first time you traveled?
That would be my first birthday to Tobago (my family was living in Trinidad, the sister island, at the time)
Where are you going on your next adventure?
For the first time in a long time, I’m not actually sure. BUT my next major long trip (8-10 weeks) is hopefully in the fall 2016 to East Africa. Until then, it probably will be little trips not too far from home and lots of hiking.
A favourite dish that’s not from your country?
Thai chicken panang – I love Thai red curry. I love Thai food, period.
Favourite songs to listen to on long bus,train or plane rides?
I don’t have a favorite song or artist – but my current play list involves folks such as Major Lazer, Diplo, Robyn, Adele, Linkin Park, Macklemore, Machel Montano, Destra… A weird mix, I know
If you could be anywhere right now where would you be?
Hiking a long distance trail pretty much anywhere…
Travel photoblog or well written post?
Photos all the way! Though a well written post is definitely lovely for context…
What advice would you give someone about to start a blog?
Even if you don’t have a focus, start writing – it will help you develop the discipline and the ideas will roll out from there. Also, consider doing a program such as the WordPress Blogging 101 – it’s great to get things started or to shake things up if you’ve already been writing for a while.
So, drumroll please… My nominations are as follows:
Travel – We Are Vagabond
Travel – Two Brown Feet
Travel – Perelin Colors
Travel – Mia Musings
Camino Frances – Begin with a Single Step
Photography – Sunday Alone Time
Here are my 10 questions for you guys:
1. What do you like most about the whole concept of the blogging world?
2. What is your best/worst/funniest travel memory?
3. Solo travel or group (of any size) travel?
4. What note-worthy food did you discover on a trip?
5. Favorite travel related book or author?
6. What can you NOT travel without?
7. List five things from your bucket list.
8. If money were no object and you have the time off, where would you go tomorrow?
9. What is your favorite passport stamp and why?
10. Do you have any specific traditions you do when you visit somewhere new?